Empower is building a complete Social Media Engagement solution, enabling organizations to discover and target important conversations online, leverage the collective knowledge and diversity of their entire team—including supporters, advocates, volunteers, and donors—to engage in those conversations, and to define and measure success.
We’re seeking candidates with a burning need to do something meaningful and fulfilling with their talents, and a work ethic to match our ambitious goals. We’re well funded and offering industry standard compensation AND early employee equity.
Why work for Empower?
- Join industry leaders from social web development, grassroots organizing and the progressive nonprofit community, including senior staff from Barack Obama’s 2008 Presidential campaign.
- We’re working with some of the web’s most interesting problems—finding relevant content from across the web, analyzing sentiment, and detecting and quantifying trends.
- We’re using the latest tools and techniques, from non-relational distributed data stores to agile development and continuous deployment—we deploy code to production 10 or more times per day.
- We’re building a brand new code base, observing best practices in design, quality, and performance.
- Our technical team includes leaders from Digg, Ning and Current TV.
- We use and contribute to free and open source software.
- We’re located in Financial District of San Francisco, walking distance from BART and a wealth of great restaurants.